Various Artists - Gost: A Spiritual Exploration Into Greek Soundtracks 1975-1989Into The Light |
2x 12 inch
- Thesia - Parodos
- Yannis Kostidakis - BSA 193
- Yannis Kostidakis - Petalousdas
- Dimitris Papadimitriou & Dimitris Lekkas - Rock Star Fantasy II
- Stamatis Spanoudakis - Prometheus
- Dimitries Papadimitrious - Erotic Scene
- Michalis Christodoulides - Phalanx
- Michalis Christodoulides - Death At The Dried Champaign
- Giorgos Hatzinasios - The Death Of Baby Jane
- Dionysis Savvopoulous - Wind Glutch
- Christodoulos Halaris - On The Road
- Dimitris Papadimitriou & Dimitris Lekkas - The Dance of The Hands Love at the Sea
- Vangelis Katsoulis - Closed Window
- Christodoulous Halaris - Varation of a Lie
- Giorgos Hatzinasios - Games With Old Flicks
- Haris Xanthoudakis - Le Comme Bunuel Ou La Foret Des Symboles
- Charlotte Van Gelder - Karkalou
Having already explored the archives of a number of overlooked Greek composers, Into The Light is now turning its attention to the uncharted territory of Greek film soundtracks of the 70s and 80s – a boom period for mystical, transcendental arthouse cinema in Greece.
GOST: A Spiritual Exploration into Greek Soundtracks (1975-1989) is a passion project from the Greek filmmaker and composer Yannis Veslemes, that took years of engagement, exhaustive research and persistence. The collection features a mixture of rare, hard-to-find and previously unreleased material from musicians and composers including Yannis Kostidakis, Thesia, Dimitris Papadimitriou, Michalis Christodoulides, Stamatis Spanoudakis, Haris Xanthoudakis, Vangelis Katsoulis and Charlotte Van Gelder . All material is accompanied by detailed linear notes from the curator Veslemes, explaining the stories behind the tracks and the movies they first featured on.
The compilation celebrates the inventiveness and experimentation of Greek soundtrack composers in the ‘70s and ‘80s, by presenting a surprising mixture of musical hybrids that bridge the worlds of electronic and acoustic music, and compositions that bring together Western and Eastern musical traditions, in uniquely idiosyncratic ways.